Posted by Texas Desert Racing
on Feb 22nd, 2013 in Texas Racers
We asked long time desert racer: “Pistol” Pete Sohren
Your car gets stuck and you need help from another racer, what do you do?
- Try everything you can to get yourself unstuck! Jack, rocks, brush, shovel….
- Have your tow strap-hooked to your car and ready to go.
- The driver needs to be in the drivers seat and ready to go!
- Have the navigator stand in a spot so that the other racers can see your strap fully extended and wave them down.
- Use a cleavase or self weaving strap to hook your strap to the back of the running car. DO NOT TIE A KNOT, YOU WON’T GET IT UNDONE!!!
- Once both cars are unstuck and stopped, clear your strap as quickly and safely as possible